Sunday, August 31, 2008

What about our new bundle of joy?

I had my 32 week check up Thursday which of course is everything but normal. I have had lots of tests run throughout this pregnancy and one showed that she would be a greater risk for a heart arrhythmia at birth....after researching the chances are 50% but 90% that if she does have it that it will resolve on its own within 10 days of birth. So it is good to know to be prepared but hopefully nothing too alarming. She and I are right on track with measurements s (which is a first). So the after speaking with the dr she feels like the longer she cooks it will greatly decrease the risk of any other complications so that if need be her heart will be the main focus. So we decide Oct 12 is the earliest possible day (38wks 2days), well guess what...she is out of town from the 9-19!! The earliest she can do it is Oct 21...3 days before my due date!!! We didnt schedule anything yet because she gave me some things to think about and we are weighing the options to schedule with another dr on the 12, bedrest from the 12-21st to possibly delay labor until she returns, or just continue with life as is and if she hasnt arrived by the 21st just do it then.
After everything going on with Kinson and realizing he was 4 weeks early it can't help but cross our mind that all of his respiratory issues are due to his prematurity. So in my mind I would like her to stay put to develop as much as possible however if I listen to my body, I want to schedule with whoever will do it the earliest!!

1 comment:

The Hensons said...

wow! what a rough week or so for y'all!! i hope the little guy gets to feeling better and the little lady stays put! i'll be praying for both!