Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Still at Work so I fugured that I would update!

It is always a crazy day in the medical field when a member from the State Health Department shows up at your work. Well they decided to show up today at 8:00am and they are still here. Department heads are to stay until they leave, so here I sit-- up-to-date on every piece of paperwork I can find, gone to every website that I usually waste time on, and if you have ever been to the VA nursing home than you know that it is best to stay couped up in your office rather than look available on the halls until they leave!! So I decided that I needed to update the last week:

Kinson had a terrible upper respiratory and sinus infection last week that they think is all triggered by his allergies. He has been on Zyrtec for 6 months now but they just added Singulair to the mix so we are trying to see if this helps. We still arent sure what he is really "allergic" to because they don't want to do any testing until he is 2, because they think that most are outgrown by this point. By Sunday we finally began to see the real Kinson come back. And actually the last couple of days he has been an angel...we will see how long this lasts!!
I passed my Gestational Diabetes test on Tuesday!! For those who dont live close, Tuesday we had a terrible storm and the dr's office I was at lost power 55 min after the test started. Wellthe test consists of fasting 12 hours prior to the test, taking your blood sugar, drink a bottle of glucola (sweet syrup water) and test every hour for 3 hours! Well I freaked when the power went out because the meter ran off electricity and I did not want to start over. Well finally oneof the technicians decided they could draw vialsof blood and store it to be tested later, so that is what they did-- drew blood in the dark from my poor little arm that was already bruised from tests earlier in the week. I really didnt mind that she missed a few times just because I didnt want to do it again! Well needless to say I passed the final hour by 1 POINT!!! Yay me! They did suggest a few diet modifications so nothing too bad.

I still need to update on my baby shower but soon as I get the pics I want to show everyone what SUPER SWEET friends I have!!

No comments: