Monday, June 2, 2008

First Day of "School"

You might remember me posting that we had gotten "THE" call from Hope Learning Center. Well initially it was for a spot in August, but she called in May and offered us a spot in June. I did not know what to do, but after talking to Kathy and Bear about it we decided that he would love a summer with playtime outside and that he was ready to make the change.

Friday we had to say our tearful goodbye to the oh-so wonderful Mrs. Kathy. I can not say enough good things about her and how she has made Kinson a better child in his first 15 months of life. We love her so much that we made sure that we have a spot for our little girl!!

I dreaded today all weekend and I think that Kinson sensed it. Bear and I decided to take him together in fear that if he cried we would need the support of each other to ensure that we left him there and did not put him back into the car and drive to Kathy's!! As soon as we pulled up he looked up at me and said "ome" (home!) and I said No we werent home. And then the tears began to fall, the cries got louder, and his grip around Bear's neck only got tighter! We met sweet Miss Kirby who was telling us about what his day would be like and I was giving her my list of details about Kinson. This whole time Kinson was just crying and crying! Finally after about 10 minutes she said that some parents just run in and drop them off and it makes it a little easier. I guess that was my hint that he was never going to quit crying as long as I was still there. Bear had already walked outside and I followed him and then the tears began to fall harder...only this time they were MINE!!! I cried all the way to work, not because I thought he wasn't cared for, but because he didn't understand what was going on. I made Bear call him only 1 time during the day (I couldn't in fear of crying on the phone.) Please tell me that I am not the only one!

Some days I come home before I go pick up Kinson and clean up a little or just have a little "mommy" time, but by 2:00 I had all that I could take. I left work and went and picked him up. As soon as he saw me he started crying and running to me! Don't you just love that?! He did look as though he had a blast throughout the day. His "report card" said he did great and he colored me a purple picture. The teachers said that he did fine and he took a 2 1/2 hour nap!!

Now that the trauma of the first day is over, it makes me only dread tomorrow worse. He will know where we are going as soon as we get in the car. But this is why I make Bear take him, so I can look like the hero when I come and pick him up! I will keep yall updated!

No comments: