Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It only took 7 days....

before I got my first phone call from school!

I looked down at my phone and see that Kinson's school is calling. For some reason I didn't panic. I heard Miss Angie on the other end telling me that she was calling to let me know that Kinson had gotten into a fight at school and had been scratched. My first response was like "Ok, that is pretty normal", but then I realized that I should probably sound concerned, so I asked if he and the other child were fine and she said yes. She said that it is policy that they call if the children's injuries are a result from another child and that they do not encourage this behavior. So we ended the conversation after knowing he was fine and I would pick him up as normal.


Well I called Bear on my way to pick him up and I told him what I had understood had happened. We both felt as though kids would be kids and things like this would happen, but of course we did not want our child known as the bully of the school. Well I told Bear that this was definitely a Father/Son moment and he could address it.


I don't know if I didn't hear Miss Angie right or just didn't understand what happened, but when I got to his classroom she was holding him and giving him extra attention. Well after seeing him I understood why. Kinson not only got into a fight but got his first butt kickin! She was very concerned that I would be upset about his scratches but again I really wasn't. She told me that they were coming in from recess and another child pushed him down and tried to take away the toy and the other child's behavior was addressed appropriately. I told her that I understood that things happen and he would survive. She never told me which child it was and I didn't ask...I didn't want to hear that it could have been a girl!!


Kinson might look a little rough but he has a had a rough 2 weeks and I will try and update everyone soon on all of his mishaps, but here are the latest war wounds!



I do want to add again that Bear and I were/are not upset in the fact that Kinson got hurt at school (lord knows how much he has gotten hurt under our watch) because we know very well that we could have easily had the child that did the instigating and that it is not a reflection of anything he has been taught or wasn't receiving proper care. It is just that his classroom is filled with 12 energetic, curious toddlers and kids will be kids!!

1 comment:

The Vaughns said...

Hey!  Kinson is adorable and congrats on the little girl!  Any names picked out yet?  My mom said she saw you the other night and enjoyed the dinner.