Sunday, March 20, 2011

Back to my roots..

If any of y'all knew me before, say, oh, 7th grade than you might find this hard to believe.  I used to spend many days and nights out on my uncle's farm riding my horse and feeding all the animals when I was younger.  My family had/has 2 farms that we would take our horses out to and ride for HOURS and fish in between.  We LOVED it.  And then as I got older, I just never had time for it, and then when I was in high school my horse (my uncle's that I called mine!) died and I never went back out there.
This past week for Spring Break, my 2 aunts and cousin, Nicole came and stayed with us.  This is the first time that a lot of my family has been in town since my mamaw passed away in July.  It was a very different trip because we would always spend their visits at my Mamaw's because she had been homebound for the last 5 years and we always wanted her to be included.  My aunts stayed at my Mamaw's house, which was kind of weird going to visit, especially since their was no TV or phone!  So Sunday afternoon, we decided to load the kids up and head to the farm.

Aunt Deborah, Nicole, and the kids riding the golf cart to round up the cows.  My things have changed, we definitely didn't have a golf cart when we were little.

Even Bear got into it!


They had a bag of bread and the horses and cows came running.

We brought Kinson's gator for the kids to ride around the fields in.  They loved all the wide open space!

This was the most recent calf that was born.  Cohen loved all the animals and wanted to pet all of them!

We had so much fun with my family here and both the kids keep asking when they are coming back!  Hope y'all come back soon and we promise not to give anyone strep throat again ;)

No comments: