Thursday, October 25, 2012

The next step...

I had been waiting patiently all week for them to call me about my scans and never heard from them, so yesterday I broke down and called the nurse (for some reason I feel like it bothers them).  She called back and told me the PET scan and CT scans are scheduled for Friday afternoon. I had to drag info out of her regarding the procedure-- can I come alone?, how do I prepare? etc.  She didn't give much info out but luckily UMC has set up a "virtual chart."  The chart notifies you by email if any new info has been added to it.  This includes appts, labs, and instructions.  This is where I found out I am to be NPO, 6 hrs before the test.  Did I mention that I get the injection at 1:30 and the scan at 2:30?  This will not go well with the one who has been diligently forcing myself to eat throughout the day to gain some weight, per dr orders! So I am sure a big, early breakfast is in store!  We will meet again with drs next Tuesday, the 30th, to get the results of all my tests.


Wanted to make sure I post this before I forgot.  In the midst of our crazy week, last week, Kinson got his first report card!!  He was so proud of it and we were very proud with what it said!  He is reading on a C Level (they start at A).  I have been totally amazed on what he has learned to read when he brings his homework home, in just this short period of time. He got "S" in all the other areas!  As far as behaviors, he has gotten on "yellow" light a few times.  The second time he got on it, he came home and told me that "water" didn't come out of his eyes this time!  Poor baby, cried when he got on yellow light the first time :(  But don't be fooled by that, now it is no big deal to him to get on yellow.......,according to him "red" is bad because you go to the office.  I met with his teacher last week and she reassured me that he was doing very well.  She said he tends to worry about others more than himself and she has to remind him to pay attention to his work.  She also told us that him and 2 other boys have been nicknamed "The Frat Boys" in her class!  He still loves Kindergarten and all his new friends.
This picture is from my phone and please forgive the hair, this was right after bathtime :)

No comments: