Friday, October 26, 2012

Next step....complete!!

Sorry, I didn't update everyone yesterday but there was a change in schedule with my PET scan.  Luckily, they called and had an opening at 7:00am!!  I jumped on it :)  I had been told no eating or drinking 6 hours before but other than that I knew nothing.  My endocrinologist made me promise not to spend hours looking on the Internet getting myself worked up.  So far, I have been pretty good, only looking at credible medical sites and just enough to understand what's going on (there is very little out there on PTL anyway!)  But last night, it hit me that I had, had several scans and tests but did not know what the PET scan entailed.  I always say ignorant is bliss, well I should have listened.  I got the main idea, inject dye, wait an hour, do the scan.  Well, there were a few horror stories of catheters and having to pee and reactions, etc.  Well that didn't lead to a good night's rest! 

Let me tell you, it was a piece of cake!  Got there, got in a comfy recliner, got the injection, they gave me water (hallelujah!), and dimmed the lights and said relax.  Ha!!  Me relax!?!  I had brought my kindle and phone, prepared to respond to emails, facebook, and surf the web.  But they had told me I needed to stay still and no talking because it causes my muscles to absorb the injection and the images will be harder to read. So I laid back and the next thing I know, he is returning and says its time to go!  I fell sound asleep!! The scan itself was 10 minutes of lying still with my arms over my head.  It was so much easier than the several MRI's I have had...no annoying knocking sounds!!

So now we WAIT.....some more.  Every step that we have done has led up til Tuesday.  I haven't been worried because I always felt that no one knows the exact diagnosis yet, so therefore we have nothing to be worried about.  But now I have done everything.  The scan will be read today.  My Dr will know and make out a plan and fill us in Tuesday.  Now I am getting a bit nervous. Remember that I said "Ignorance is bliss."  In a way, ignorance keeps me sane.  But I hate this state of limbo, I am ready for a plan.  I have asked God over and over, just give me the strength to get through this.  I know He will!

Now I am off to Magnolia's Fall Festival to hang out with some of the sweetest little people I know.  You can't help but go there and just smile! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you Brandy! You are amazing...Rebecca