Thursday, August 19, 2010

Everybody takes pictures of their kids' first day of school so I decided that maybe I should document this importatnt milestone. Well, this is technically not her FIRST day of school pictures. I was little too emotional to capture the first day :) But these were from the second day. I was very nervous for her to start her new school Monday and I made Bear go with me to take her. I never understand why I get so worked up and I worry about how she will react to things because she ALWAYS adapts so well. This was no exception. She walked down the hall with her little backpack straight to her room, put it in her cubby, and then walked over to the toys and started playing. No looking back at us, no sad face, no tears (from her!!), nada. So we just turned around and left with mixed emotions. Part of me wanted her to need me, but part of me was relieved that she felt comfortable. Nevertheless, she has had a terrific few days. Her report card is great and momma and papa are having to stay on our toes to keep up with her homework!!


She is so busy and pictures are getting very hard to take!


"Mom, puh-lease get that camera out of my face, I have places to go!"


"Seriously, I HAVE to go..... NOW!!"


This backpack is Cohen's new best friend. She knows that it is her's and she loves to drag it around the house. As soon as I tell her it is time to go, she runs and gets her bag and trots to the door and off she goes.
We have Open House next week and I can not wait to hear what she has been doing. I met with her teacher, speech therapist, and audiologist last week to establish our goals for her over the next year. It very encouraging for all of us to be on the same page and working towards the same objective. We are so excited to see what is to come!!

1 comment:

The Crawfords said...

So glad it went well! Sounds like my Laurie, absolutely NO separation anxiety ever. I'm the one that's a mess and she's fine. Cohen is an absolute doll-but I'm sure you already knew that.