Friday, December 28, 2012

In case you were still wondering....

I had my follow-up PET scan today.  It was scheduled for next week but my sweet dr rearranged everything to have done before year end for insurance purposes.  I think they were a little confused and overwhelmed at the office-- the machine display went out yesterday so many of us were rescheduled for later in the day.  Well they asked if I was there for a CT and PET scan or just PET scan----how the heck should I know!?!  I told them I had one in October and I was just here for the repeat test.  They must have not looked it up and erred on the side of caution because I ended up getting PET scan and CT with contrast (I know I did not receive the dye that sets you on FIRE last time :))  I am sure my insurance will love that decision!
I will see Dr Elkins on Monday to see what the next step is.  I have been thinking long and hard about what the possibilities are and I don't know that my mind will ever be settled unless she biopsies some lymphnodes.  By all means, I would love to hear that they are cancer free but I don't think I can handle, not as many reacted this time or let's watch them a little longer, etc.  I am just ready to know and proceed.
I haven't been posting a lot of what's been going on because things have been really hard for me.  Physically as far as surgery incision, I have healed great---minimal scar!  But physically as far as my body's reaction to no thyroid has thrown me for a major emotional, hormonal, and physical tailspin!  It started about 6 weeks out and I just got to where my internal temperature gauge was out of whack---HOT, cold, FREEZING, sweating, etc.  And this usually all occured between the hours of 8:00pm when I would start shaking until about 10:00am and in between I would have changed PJs twice because I would sweat, go to the linen closet and gotten a blanket because I was cold, etc.  Therefore, I was getting ZERO sleep.  So I thought I was just exhausted.  After a few weeks of that and then my period went crazy, I finally called the endo and needless to say my levels were perfect---even with no med adjustments after surgery.  Last week, I went and saw my OBGYN and was filling her in and she thinks it was my Wellbutrin (I started in July for some TypeA/anxiety stuff I had going on) exacerbating everything.  She didn't think that Welbutrin is a very good "reactive" drug and now my body is reacting to a physical problem.  So she changed that med.  Well since that was last week and the test was today, I refused to take anything "new" until after the test.  I did not want anything to scew the results.  I have been off for 1 week and have definitely felt much better.  I am thinking that I might just stay off both of them and see how I even out.  Especially if we hear good news next week!
I will update Monday after we see the dr and have a new plan mapped out!

By the way, I still have Disney to post and we had a fabulous Christmas that I need to share!

No comments: