Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Do you have one of these yet?


I was VERY reluctant to get a Kindle.  I mean, I love getting a book and turning the pages and looking at them on my bookcases, blah, blah, blah.  That was BEFORE I actually got one.  I got one in May last year as a present from my Aunt Deborah who thought she was buying me an IPad :)  She is not very technology savy but I still benefit, so who cares!
Let's just say, I am hooked.  Millions of books at my disposal.  I can finish a book and find another one immediately.  No looking at the grocery store, book stores, drug stores, etc. when I am already pressed for time.  And now that Borders closed, where was I really going to get any book that wasnt in the current top 20 sellers that Kroger had? 
As much as I like reading, I also like the deal.  I mean, I really had to be certain about the book before I spent $7.99 on a paperback that I can read in just a few hours.  But now, holy moly, there are books for FREE!!!  Nothing is better than that!  I follow a few Facebook pages that alert you on books that are newly reduced or free-- "Kindle on the Cheap" "Kindled Hearts" and "Casting Pearls".  I have set a limit if $2.99 unless it is a new release that I have been waiting for.  Because of this new obsession, I currently have 192 books downloaded on my Kindle.  Some I read a few pages into and I realize it is not for me--nothing lost, just move on to the next one.  I have also found a few older authors that I would have never read before.  I will probably never get to all of these books in this lifetime!!  Anybody have any good sites that they use for cheaper books?  Any good book suggestions?

But I do need to say, for Christmas I asked for one thing.  I wanted a "real" book.  I have every Nicholas Sparks book in hardback and there is something about crying through one of his books that just can't compare.  Bear came through :)  and "The Best of Me" sits on my bedside table awaiting me.