Thursday, March 25, 2010

My Cindy-loo


Before I start, do you see that ponytail?! This girl's hair grows like weeds and poor Bear-- he is trying to learn ponytail holders and barrettes. Thankfully the ladies at school LOVE to play with her hair and according to the director they fix and refix it all day long!
Anyway, back to the point, I don't know who watches Grey's Anatomy, but I have been a diligent follower from day 1! Usually it is just an hour that I get to myself each week, sometimes I watch it in the bathtub, or in my bed, or like tonight while on my spin bike. It is my time, my hour each week to just escape and stop thinking. This week has been especially hard, we got tests back that weren't the most ideal outcome, work has been hectic, and do I have to mention that we are the home stretch of tax season. So I was ready to burn a few calories and indulge in 1 whole hour of mindlessness. Well it didn't quite work out that way. Yes I did ride for an hour and I did watch it, but one scene has stuck in my head and I can't get it out of my mind.
Meredith is upset at Derrick for stealing her surgery and another Dr tells her to remember Whoville. Remember when the Grinch stole all the presents in Whoville and on Christmas morning the Who's all came out of their houses singing-- they didn't dwell on it or let it get them down.
That little 30sec scene is in my head and all I can picture is my little "Cindy-Loo"-- she always comes out "singing", she hasn't let it get her down. She always has the biggest smile and we know she is just taking everything in and it will all come on its own time.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Such a wonderful outlook! Hang in there...God is good, and He's not going to give you more than you or your sweet baby girl can handle. We're praying for you every day, hoping that things start looking up soon. She's beautiful...looks sooo much more like you every time I see her!!