Tuesday, January 22, 2013

1 down, 1 to go this week

 I did have my surgery this morning.  I love, love my doctors and they treat me so good when I am there.  I was first case and there at 5:30, asleep by 7:30, in the car by 10:00!  I have never had an outpatient surgery at UMC and I was so glad they let me go as soon as I got up.  Dr Ahmed was able to remove 1 lymphnode.  Not sure how I feel about it yet......I was hoping that they could get a few more to compare but I understand the reasoning.  I just think if the biopsies of a few lymphnodes came back benign I would have been more accepting of possibly monitoring for a bit longer.  It will be a hard decision for me as to what should be the next step if the doctors suggest moving forward in the diagnostic process.  
As far as recovery, I am recovered :)  This really was the easiest procedure so far---easier that the scans!!  I came home and slept a few hours.  This morning, I told Bear how excited I get when it's time for surgery because I get "real" sleep.  It's the only time I get restful sleep with no interruptions or alarms!!  However, tomorrow I am sure my neck will be a little sore from the positioning during the surgery but I am sure tolerable.  The incision is bigger than I was anticipating but it is further around my neck so at least it isn't too close to my other scars.  
I will see my endocrinologist Monday for bloodwork and check up but not sure I will get any results by then.  I will see the surgeon February 4 and should have results by then unless I see the oncologist earlier.  

So what's the next surgery this week?  Well the flu hit our house 2 weeks and Cohen was unable to have her surgery so it was rescheduled for Thursday.  It kind of worked out for the best since I was home anyway.  We can't wait to see the difference in her after surgery.  Her little ears have just been hurting and we are hoping this will help.

Will keep everyone updated!

1 comment:

Anna H said...

Can't believe you are already up and doing a blog entry. So glad you feel fine. Will be praying for y'all on Thursday.
Anna Henson (Laura's sis in law)