Sunday, June 26, 2011

Magnolia Sprint-- June 4

A few weeks ago, we got up EARLY to get ready for the Magnolia 5K.  We had a great team that made up "Cohen's Crew", we had 27 people sign-up to run for our team!!  We actually had 5 team mates that placed overall and in age groups.  Even though it was hot and I had hurt my achilles a few weeks before, it was lots of fun.


I have the BEST. FRIENDS. EVER!!  I am surrounded by people that not only love me, but love my children also.  Just in this picture are my best friends from high school, college, and work. 

In the blue is my niece Mackenzie starting the "fun run."

Kinson taking off....

Good form!!

Kellen running, he won 1st place for his age group!!

Mackenzie won 1st place for her age group!!

Poor Kinson had been "warming up" for his race since 7:00am for a race that didn't start until 9:00am.  He was exhausted before it started!!  He ran his first lap fantastic and things slowly went down hill from there!

We are going to have to work on pacing ourselves before the next race :)

Cooling off with sno cones!!

Kimberly got 3rd place in Women's Overall-- YAY!!

These are a few of the winners that were able to stay til the end to get their pictures made.

Thank you to all of our friends and family that supported Magnolia!!

No comments: