Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Happy Birthday, Bear!!


Papa's Birthday was last Monday and I am just now getting to it!  That is about the way I feel right now, always having to play catch up. 

The kids have so much going on right now and we had been at St. Paddy's Day parade the weekend before and we are going to the Golden Moon next weekend, that we decided to have a real low key birthday this year.  Bear had his usual one request, a cookie cake.  I even slacked with that.  We bought it at Kroger and decorated it ourselves!!  I could never arrange a time for me to go to the mall ALONE and pick up a cake :(  He also had one other request.  When we first met, he always talked about eating at Outback.  Bleh!!  I do not care for Outback. If I could choose, there are 50 restaraunts I would choose before I chose Outback.  But because I was failing miserably all the way with his birthday, I agreed to have dinner there just the two of us.  So we went Friday night, the food was okay but Bear was in heaven with his Alice Springs Chicken (I think there are about 15000 calories in that !!)  I hope that satisfied him for the next 8 years!!  We had soccer games that weekend and on Sunday we went to see Mickey's Magic Show at the coliseum.  Bear is now in love with all things Disney and is constantly planning our next trip.  Kinson loved the show and Cohen, well.......she loved the food!!  She ate and ate and ate, it was the only way to keep her contained!!  Bear seemed to enjoy his birthday weekend, we think ;)

But we do love our Papa Bear so much and hope he had a fantastic birthday!!

1 comment:

The Hensons said...

tell him to call me...i'll go on a date with him to outback anytime!! alice springs chicken is my fave!!! :)