Sunday, April 4, 2010

Warning! Don't leave a cookie cake in the oven,

and then turn on the oven to cook supper.....this is what it will look like!

Last Sunday was Bear's birthday. He is pretty easy to please when it comes to his birthday. He always asks for 2 things--Outback and a cookie cake. Well, considering how hectic life has been since January his birthday got overlooked the same way Kinson's birthday, Valentines Day, passing the CPA test, and our Anniversary will. So we haven't gotten a "date night" for Outback but I thought the least I could do was get a cookie cake. I got the thing ordered and was thinking about picking it up while he was at work on Saturday and then it occurred to me. How in the world was I going to get Kinson, Cohen in her stroller, and this cake out of the mall? Luckily, my mom came to the rescue. The cake got here safe and sound however Kinson decided that we could not wait til Sunday to eat it-- he was ready as soon as Bear got home Saturday. So after devouring half the cake we had to hide it from Kinson so the oven was the only place it would fit. Too bad I didn't remember that when supper called for me to preheat the oven to 425 degrees! Don't feel too bad for me-- Bear and Kinson still managed to eat every morsel of that cake by Monday!!

No comments: