Saturday, September 8, 2012

First Progress Report

 We have survived 4 weeks of Kindergarten already!!  It has flown by but we can already see that Kinson has learned so much.
Kinson came home with this in his backpack Thursday-- his First Progress Report!!  I know it doesn't say much but the fact that it doesn't say anything that we need to work on, is great for us.  Kinson is working on mastering his handwriting and beginning easy reading.  He brought home his first book this week and "read" it to us.  It was a basic building book that progressed each page-- "I am _____"  I know he had probably memorized it but he was able to identify words when I asked him to spell them and then really impressed me when I asked for shortened versions of the compound words such as I asked him to spell "tub" when he had the word bathtub in his book. We were so proud of him and he was ecstatic!!

No comments: