Monday, June 21, 2010

Just checking in!

Not sure why I feel the need to "check in", but yes we are still alive but as I said before "if it rains, it pours, well it still seems to be "sprinkling " at our house right now. The good news is the reason why we had been away, was because literally we went away-- to Virginia that is! My aunt and my 4 favorite cousins live there and the youngest, Stefani, was graduating high school so we traveled 15hours to see her and the family for 5 days. I think the storm cloud followed us because Bear and I caught a stomach bug on Friday, but at least we had a houseful of babysitters to watch the kids! We got in at 3:00am this morning so I am walking around like a zombie. More on the trip later with pictures...I know you can't wait :)

Short Cohen update: No hearing aids (hopefully this week), her left ear drum that was perforated, now healed up. Good right? Well now she is holding fluid behind the healed drum--- we are going to wait a bit before we decide if we want to do another surgery to put a tube in that ear--if it affects her hearing then we will do it sooner than later. Growth hormone shots started last week. It took a few days for me to get over the initial sticking her but each day it gets easier for me--she on the other hand screams the moment she sees the alcohol pads but it stops almost immediately after the shot. I think it is just the anticipation of it. Things are on track for her to start Magnolia in August, again we still don't know what we are going to do about school when the hearing aids actually get here. I keep ignoring this topic....think I am in denial about the actual transition part :)

Stay tuned-- lots to post about our trip and upcoming adventures!!

No comments: