Monday, February 22, 2010

What do all of these have in common?





This is what I gave up for Lent! All fast FOODS!! I emphasize food because I still have to stop frequently and get my unsweet tea from Sonic! I really was a big fast food eater in college when me and my roomates were poor and lived off the Wendy's $0.99 menu or the late night run to Krystal's on our way home from the Dock. Things changed after my accident and I really got back into working out and living a more healthy lifestyle. Then kids came into my life---fast food really does make life a little more easier when I pick them up from school at 5:30 and I would like them in bed by 7:00! And it even got worse over the last few months as I drive between a few jobs and some days on the road at lunchtime and then again at dinnertime (I could never have a job that required me to drive everyday--I would be big as a house!!)
So over the next 40 days I will attempt to refrain from this now too frequent habit. I mean, how hard can this really be?.......... What have I gotten myself into?!!
After previweing this post, I feel like I need to give a disclaimer--don't think that I feed my kids bad--Kinson still has a limited diet and as far as fast food goes only contains Wendy's chicken nuggets. And on a really grumpy day, he only wants the round shaped nuggets--not that odd looking one!
So 5 days down, only 35 to go!!

1 comment:

COREY said...

Girl, you know we were too busy drinking to actually COOK!!