Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tomorrow is the day

that I dread each year. I don't know how to explain how I feel when this day approaches each year. I can't believe that it has been 8 years since my accident, I would have never believed that my life would be where it is today. I dont have to be told how far I have come and the obstacles that I have overcome, that is my job to tell others so it is hard for me to understand this side of it. I still feel like adversity is something you accept and move on. The last few years have been relatively smooth as the day approaches and passes. I have always just tried to keep busy and but like I said the last few years it just hasnt "bothered" me. But this year has been different. This day has been in my mind for a few weeks now, however I had to look up the day because I couldn't remeber the exact date! But it happened on a Sunday so Sunday was exceptionally hard for me. It was as though i kept looking at the clock replaying what I did all day before/after. I wish I could put my finger on it this year, but I feel like i have been made aware of my arm more the last few months. Kinson has become aware that Momma is different and now that all the kids in his class are so vocal they are also very curious. Each day I have to explain that I am not "hurt" to them, just different. I also hurt my thumb a couple of weeks ago and it really scared me knowing that if something happened to my left hand I dont know what I would do. I know that this is just a bunch of rambles and probably makes no sense but it is sort of therapy for me. And it tends to be cheaper than my other therapy that usually consists of many stores and credit cards! However this weekend I did start my retail therapy and got a new rug, 2 chairs, and an ottoman for our living room but it is on order and wont arrive for 2-4 weeks so this will have to do in the meantime!

No comments: