Sunday, February 22, 2009

4 months already!!

Yep that's right, Cohen turned 4 months old Thursday. So what does she get as a present, the same thing every 4 month old gets, a trip to see Dr. Flowers! She had to go for her well baby check up and vaccinations. That little girl is such a trooper! She took all 3 shots and cried maybe 3 seconds and that was it! She still is on the "tiny" side, weighing in 12lbs, 4oz (5th percentile) and 23in long (10th percentile). Dr Flowers is not worried as long as she continues to grow and doesn't fall off the charts.


Now for the not-so-good part. Cohen has always been a little "delayed" due to her early hospitalization and illness, but she seems to have caught up and surpassed as far as communication, smiling, cooing, mimicing, etc. But physically something just hasnt been quite right. Bear thinks I am crazy and am always diagnosing people especially my children and myself with off the wall syndromes, illnesses, etc. Well this time I proved to be right. Cohen had been holding her head up for awhile but I kept saying she would only look one way and always have her head tilted. So I took pictures of her to show him how bad it really was. So at the check up I didnt bring it up hoping Dr. Flowers would notice, and HE DID!! Cohen has what they call Congenital Torticollis (shortening of the sternomastoid muscle). It is treated by Physical Therapy (this will be done by a Pediatric PT, nothing done by me--I work with old people for a reason!!) and usually can be corrected. She also had mild hip dysplasia, they are usually assiciated with each other. So we start Tuesday morning, so I will keep everyone updated!!

Here are a feww pictures so you can get the idea of what her neck is doing:



No comments: