Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hospital stay...again, however

this time it was for ME!! I finally called my dr Tuesday after Bear had been encouraging me to call since I started feeling contractions on Friday. They kept coming and going and were never really consistent...plus I was only 33 weeks, she wasn't ready. So it was much to my surprise when they hooked me up to the monitor and i was having contactions every 2 mins!! And even more surprising, i was already dialated 2 cm (I didnt even get that far after 12 hours with Kinson!) So it was a mad dash to get every scenario prepared for. I was started with 3 Terbutaline shots that shot my Heartrate up to >150 so thay had to spread it out further than they would like. Then they hooked me up to the magnesium sulfate pump and gave me shots of steroids to help develop Cohen's lungs in case she was to show up. We stayed through the night and the contractions slowed to every 8 mins but dialation had not progressed so they took me off the pump and started me on Procardia. It didn't change or decrease anything just maintained the contractions. So now we are home and on strict bedrest until she shows up....our goal is at least 2 wks so she can be 36 weeks. We go back to the dr Monday hoping to find nothing alarming or any further progress. I am just so sad because this weekend is my 10 year class reunion! Maybe we will sneak off and go to just Saturday night and stay seated the whole time....that can't hurt too much, can it?

No comments: