She also saw the endocrinologist last week. After waiting 3 hours, we saw Dr Bastian and he was so helpful. He spent a good 45 minutes with me (now at least I knew why we waited 3 hours) explaining all her tests and examining her. He did show concern in her small size (14lbs 2 oz, 24.5in long) but also said at this time there isn't too much we can do. He was thrilled to see her TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) level was within normal range, 1.4. She started at 8.9! He still has further testing to do to determine the specific type of hypoT she has but definitely leaning towards autoimmune hypoT. This is mostly due to my history with autoimmune disorders and my new diagnosis of hypoT. She goes back in July to continue with her testing and developmental evaluations.
What is Cohen doing these days besides being a Bathing Beauty?
- sleeping from 7:30-6! (she might fuss around 2 for her paci, but otherwise we cant complain)
- sitting up for hours it seems like
- spinning in circles on her tummy
- finally eating 1 jar of babyfood at one sitting
- she LOVES mum-mums and puffs
- makes a mess with a regular cup
- attempting a sippy cup
- LOVES her papa, she reaches for him no matter who is holding her
- she started Big Girl school with Kinson and the first week got SPOILED ROTTEN, we had to talk to them about that!
She really has come a long way in a short period of time. We couldn't be more thankful for all of the support that we have had. We just look at her and are amazed!